Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Meet Team Marmot: Kathleen Peshek

I first arrived at RMBL as Dan’s REU avian research student. That summer my project focused on estimating the American Robin’s large song repertoire through a comparison of techniques. Although my project involved birds, when the marmoteers needed an extra hand, I volunteered. That fall I continued to work on my project as in independent study at Michigan State University.


The following spring I was excited to accept Dan’s invitation to join the marmoteer team. I was able to enjoy a wonderful marmoteering experience in addition to beautiful hikes and the amazing scenery. I spent the majority of this summer trapping pups throughout the valley and observing the town marmots that live in Gothic, while fine-tuning my soon-to-be published paper from the previous summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment