Friday, June 17, 2022

Welcome Madison!

 Hello!


My name is Madison Pfau, and I am a senior at UCLA studying the microbiome and social behavior in the wonderful marmots at RMBL! I have been working in the Blumstein lab for almost 2 years now, and studying marmots for almost a year!


One of the most exciting things about being a marmoteer this year is being able to see and collect data from these animals that I have been working with and fascinated by since I joined the lab. I have also learned way more about the process of fieldwork and what goes into collecting a rich dataset, a skill I think will come in handy for future field and research opportunities. My favorite marmot moments so far have been watching marmots playfully wrestle, especially when the one that initially receives the interaction retaliates by initiating another wrestle, or my personal favorite, a pounce!


When I am not watching marmots every chance I get, I like hiking and exploring the area and listening to creepy podcasts! 




No comments:

Post a Comment