Friday, June 17, 2022

Welcome Hali!

Hi, my name is Hali Muir and I’m a rising third year biology undergrad at UCLA on the 2022 summer marmot team! I’m a nature lover from Santa Cruz, California, and whenever I visit home, you’ll find me surfing on my hot pink foam board from sunrise to sunset, or on poorly planned road trips to car camp in the hills above the clouds in Big Sur. Aside from my passion for redwoods and fresh air, I’m a trained dancer and avid musical theater lover. My project this season focuses on NDVI satellite imagery and how the varying resolutions predict marmot fitness when compared to manual data. It’s my first season out in the field with the team, and I got up close and personal with a marmot for the first time today! I’m so excited for what’s to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment