Monday, June 26, 2017

Introducing Madi...

My name is Madi Standen and I'm a rising junior attending Bucknell University in Lewisburg, PA. Back at school I study capuchins and squirrel monkeys and I am so thrilled to be able to broaden my horizons this summer and work with the amazing marmots of Gothic! I've been here for almost five weeks now and am absolutely loving the work (i've even gotten used to waking up at 5:15 every morning). 

When I first saw a marmot I couldn't imagine how trapping those little guys would ever be tough, but let me tell you those guys are strong. I've learned so much, like how to enter data, do a focal and even take blood from a marmot and I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store for me. 

We have a killer team of marmoteers this year and everyone works together well and has a great time. The first pups came out earlier this week and we managed to catch one little guy, who we named power button and I can't wait to mark the rest of his siblings!


Here's to a great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment